The Smart Energy Demand Coalition SEDC is the European business association dedicated to making the demand side a smart and interactive part of the energy system. We represent members along the entire value chain, including research, technology, energy supply and services. You will be part of a dynamic international team in the EU area in Brussels. Your core tasks will involve the preparation and implementation of SEDC advocacy activities, in strong cooperation with our membership and the team.
– Support to SEDC’s positioning on policies and regulation
– Coordination of SEDC Task Force and Committee work
– Advocacy activities to promote the SEDC positions towards decision-makers in Brussels and Europe
– Drafting of SEDC briefings and publications
– Interaction with the SEDC membership on all relevant topics
– Representation of SEDC in conferences, workshops and stakeholder events
– Contribution to the SEDC’s public outreach and social media activities
Desired skills and experience:
– A university degree (Master or equivalent) in energy economics, European studies, law, engineering, or similar
– At least five years of relevant professional experience
– Solid knowledge of the decision-making process of the EU institutions
– A good understanding of the energy sector in Europe
– Strong organisational, networking and communication skills
– Analytical, curious, pragmatic and flexible approach and attitude
– Skilled in drafting briefings, articles and reports
– Fluency in written and spoken English required, other European languages are an asset
If you are inspired in the position, please apply with a motivation letter and CV to: email@example.com
Please quote “Application Senior Policy Advsier” as a subject when submitting your application. The deadline for applications is 9 a.m. on Thursday, 27 October 2016. The first round of interviews will take place in week 45.
We regret that we will only be able to reply to candidates who have been short-listed for interviews, within ten days of the deadline. We thank you for your understanding.