The SEDC is recruiting a Communications Officer!
The Smart Energy Demand Coalition (SEDC) is the European business association dedicated to making the demand side a smart and interactive part of the energy system. We represent members along the entire value chain, including research, technology, energy supply and services.
You will be part of a dynamic international team in the EU area in Brussels. Your tasks will focus on implementing the SEDC’s communications and dissemination strategy, including the preparation of communications material and web-services, social-media engagement and press relations, as well as events organisation.
– Contribute to the SEDC’s political communications and dissemination strategy, in close cooperation with the team and the membership
– Create, edit and manage the SEDC’s communication tools. This involves social media and marketing material, publications, website, newsletter etc.
– Strengthen the association’s proactive press and media outreach
– Ensure consistent implementation of the SEDC branding at a time of organisational evolution
– Manage the SEDC involvement in and organisation of public events, conferences and workshops
Desired skills and experience
– A university degree in communications, journalism, design or other relevant disciplines
– Relevant working experience between 6 months and 5 years (the remuneration package will reflect experience and skills)
– Interest in supporting the transition of the European energy system
– Strong skills in written and oral communications
– Ability to translate complex information into easily understandable and attractive messaging
– Experience with social media, skills in design, web management tools and video are an asset
– Analytical, curious and flexible approach and attitude
– Fluency in written and spoken English and knowledge of an additional European language
If you are inspired by the position, please apply with a motivation letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote “Application Communications Officer” as a subject when submitting your application.
The deadline for applications is 9 a.m. on Tuesday, 6 June 2017.