The Smart Energy Demand Coalition (SEDC) is the European business association dedicated to making the demand side a smart and interactive part of the energy value chain.
The challenges that European power systems are facing today following the energy transition can be surmounted only through the intelligent cooperation between consumption, distribution, transmission and generation, acting as equal partners in a holistic energy system; in other words, with the smart grid.
Our focus is to promote demand-centred solutions within the areas of Demand Response, energy usage feedback and information, smart home, in-home and in-building automation.
Our vision is a strong participation of the demand side in the European electricity markets, which will lead to the long-term goals of the Smart Grid: affordability, security of supply and reduced carbon emissions.
We focus our efforts in five areas:
- Interacting with policymakers to advocate smart energy solutions
- Gathering intelligence and information for SEDC members
- Increasing the visibility of the members of the SEDC
- Working with other associations, trade or financial organisations and general media in order to promote smart energy solutions
- Providing opportunities for networking and partnering among companies related to the SEDC’s activities and purpose